Home Health Care
Discharges from hospitals and clinics often result in patients needing continuing professional medical services when they return home. Professional home health care services includes a broad range of care and support services for those who are recovering from a hospital stay, who are disabled, chronically- or terminally-ill, and need medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment and/or assistance with the essential activities of daily living.
Upper Perk Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab continues to provide physical therapy services to your home. Our licensed physical therapists will work with families and caregivers to support the patient who wants to maintain their independence in their homes. Common reasons for beginning Home Health Physical Therapy include:
- Post-operative rehabilitation (i.e. Total Knee and Total Hip surgery)
- Patients who have complex treatments that require use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
- Adults who need support to remain in the mainstream of their community, and neurological diseases (i.e. Dementia, Parkinson's Disease)
- Adults who want their parents to have quality care at home, or individuals who have difficulty commuting or are unable to leave home safely
- And millions of Americans with chronic diseases and disabilities, like Alzheimer's, heart failure, kidney disease, or diabetes, who need careful monitoring but do not want or need to enter a nursing home or skilled care facility
Home health care is a wide range of health care services which include physical therapy, that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 215-679-0105. This service is offered exclusively at the Upper Perk location.